Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Suggestions Forum is dead?
EcheloN
Posted: June 02, 2005 07:24 am
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

Group: Members

Seriously now, folks, every time an idea that would improve the game is brought up, it gets shot down faster than a Serbian jet in the NATO No-Fly Zone. Any new ideas are blammed because either

1) they were suggested and shot down previously (often prematurely)
2) they are flat-out refused.

BB does have fundamental gameplay dillemas, and the 8 or so servers that are up right now (6 of which have intolerable latency) reflect that. Therefore, this game needs to resolve its issues, or die. When BB is taken to Source, which I hear that it is being ported by some members in the community, we need to have these issues brought to light and addressed. Part of that involves listening to the suggestions of the community. So far, the only changes being made are minor trifles, such as a Scope for the Stoner.

Before you flame me, keep in mind that all I am stating is fact. I have only the best intentions for this game and its community, and it would be a shame to see this become another failed mod.
PMEmail Poster
gamersha794
Posted: June 02, 2005 07:45 am
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

Maybe when the people coding the original mod come back to brainbread they will make some changes, right now they are working on another project, they have stated that they coded this mod very quickly and was done just for fun.

There are flaws in this game but talking about the same things over and over again while the admins aren't here doesn't help anyone. Brainbread was never designed to be anywhere near the caliber of firearms, TF, or CS. I repeat it was done for the fun of the coders, the system they developed for the body parts The limits of HL1 are most of the reason why major things can't be changed, I expect that without the devs tighting up the code for the body part system or some other radical inovation to keep the model count down there will be very little expansion capability for this mod.

edit:
oh and EcheloN it was pretty lame of you to abandon the forum when Immoral got mod status then come back after he's left, still yelling about the flaws in the mod.

edit:
some spelling and grammer, man i need to look over my post more closely

This post has been edited by gamersha794 on June 05, 2005 07:40 am

--------------------
come visit me on
Teamxecuter
Xbox-Scene
Teamxodus

And if you need help xbox modding PM or AIM me.
PMEmail PosterAOL
EcheloN
Posted: June 03, 2005 01:28 am
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

The entire time I was here, Immoral had moderator status, I believe. I stopped posting for a while, but I still showed up. Immoral never had anything against me, and I never had anything with him, and so accusing me of avoiding the forums while he was a mod is what is lame.
PMEmail Poster
Blue Summer
Posted: June 04, 2005 09:07 pm
Quote Post

Firefox

QUOTE (gamersha794 @ Jun 2 2005, 07:45 AM)
maybe when the people coding the original mod come back to brainbread they will make some changes, right now they are working on another project, they have stated that they coded this mod very quickly and was done just for fun.

There are flaws in this game but talking about the same things over and over again while the admins aren't here doesn't help anyone. Brainbread was never ment to be anywhere near the caliber of firearms, TF, or CS. I repeat it was done for the fun of the coders, the system they developed for the body parts and the limits fo HL1 are the reasons most major things can't be changed, I expect that without them tighting up the code for the body part system or some other radical inovation to keep the model count down there will be very little expansion capability for this mod.

edit:
oh and EcheloN it was pretty lame of you to abandon the forum when Immoral god mod status then come back after he's left, still yelling about the flaws in the mod.

Get over him, not everyone is as obsessed with Immoral as you...

To answer your question yes, the forum is dead and it will remain to be because the Devs are working on another project for the billionth time and are creating 1.3 in any spare time they come into.

--------------------
This is what Ive said for the past couple months every time has requested source: BB source is highly unlikely because the mod team (Ironoak) has decided to use the crystal engine to create an rpg, although they have said there is a small chance of going to source but please, for the sake of all mankind, do not request a port and/or create polls, or even useless threads about the porting of BB, because it is most likely not going to happen, thank you for reading.

WSAENOTSOCK
PMEmail Poster
gamersha794
Posted: June 05, 2005 07:35 am
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

First, of all I did not accuse you of leaving the forums, I said abandon. The difference is you can visit the forum all you want but just trolling it is abandoning it, as soon as you stop posting, your voice is lost and you are no longer helping or contributing. That is what I said, you fell silent rather then fight to have your voice heard, that is the most cowardly thing to do.

Second you and I joined on the same day, I then showed Immoral the mod on my laptop and he said this might be fun to play, He then joined and then a little more the a month and 250+ posts later he got mod status. You started posting the day you joined. Hardly mod status at the same time.

Third I am not "obsessed" with Immoral. I lived with the guy for 9 months straight, when I talk about him it's like talking about a close friend, I can't talk about most of you because I have never met any of you in person.

/rant

Now it's time for some sleep pulling 12 hour shifts as a dishwasher isn't quite the highlight of my summer, but at least it gives me beer and pot money.

--------------------
come visit me on
Teamxecuter
Xbox-Scene
Teamxodus

PMEmail PosterAOL
Elite viking
Posted: June 05, 2005 07:07 pm
Quote Post

Veteran Lord Carnage

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

Wise words Gamersha.
It's not true that gunning down suggestions thing, at least not anymore. When Immoral left (is he dead or something?), the gun disappeared. So we'd be drowning here in bad suggestions...
It seems that after march or something, the forums died.
Yes, died, don't deny it... It happened.
PMEmail Poster
Blue Summer
Posted: June 05, 2005 07:16 pm
Quote Post

Firefox

QUOTE (gamersha794 @ Jun 5 2005, 07:35 AM)
First, of all I did not accuse you of leaving the forums, I said abandon. The difference is you can visit the forum all you want but just trolling it is abandoning it, as soon as you stop posting, your voice is lost and you are no longer helping or contributing. That is what I said, you fell silent rather then fight to have your voice heard, that is the most cowardly thing to do.

Second you and I joined on the same day, I then showed Immoral the mod on my laptop and he said this might be fun to play, He then joined and then a little more the a month and 250+ posts later he got mod status. You started posting the day you joined. Hardly mod status at the same time.

Third I am not "obsessed" with Immoral. I lived with the guy for 9 months straight, when I talk about him it's like talking about a close friend, I can't talk about most of you because I have never met any of you in person.

/rant

Now it's time for some sleep pulling 12 hour shifts as a dishwasher isn't quite the highlight of my summer, but at least it gives me beer and pot money.

You bring him into as many posts as you possibly can, this post had nothing to do with Immoral what so ever but you felt the need to involve him.

--------------------
This is what Ive said for the past couple months every time has requested source: BB source is highly unlikely because the mod team (Ironoak) has decided to use the crystal engine to create an rpg, although they have said there is a small chance of going to source but please, for the sake of all mankind, do not request a port and/or create polls, or even useless threads about the porting of BB, because it is most likely not going to happen, thank you for reading.

WSAENOTSOCK
PMEmail Poster
gamersha794
Posted: June 06, 2005 03:03 am
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

1) they were suggested and shot down previously (often prematurely)
2) they are flat-out refused.

Who do you think he is talking about when he talks about shot down suggestions or flat-out refusing them?

Immoral Sniper shaped the suggesstions forum with his attitude to not put up with suggestions that could not be used do to,

Not enough thought/too vague
Not possible due to limitations in the HL1 engine
Were already talked about in the dev/beta suggestion forum(not visible to normal members) and either shot down due to technical limitations or not in line with the mod's attitude.

When you talk about the way people act in the suggestions forum you cannot help but bring up Immoral Sniper.

--------------------
come visit me on
Teamxecuter
Xbox-Scene
Teamxodus

PMEmail PosterAOL
(4THIDUSA) SSG H.
Posted: June 06, 2005 08:19 pm
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis

yes, he ruined a lot of people, that were new and came here with what they thought was a new idea, only to be flamed and harrased by sniper, which even before he was a mod he did that , which was a violation of the rules here, the old show a bit of respect for forummates, the personal flame, all ideas seem to be never thought out or just plain stupid to him

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
EcheloN
Posted: June 08, 2005 04:21 pm
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

Furthermore, do you really think that I fear the wrath of moderators, after starting the anti-thread-closing protest against Civilian Solider?
PMEmail Poster
Blue Summer
Posted: June 08, 2005 04:23 pm
Quote Post

Firefox

QUOTE (EcheloN @ Jun 8 2005, 04:21 PM)
Furthermore, do you really think that I fear the wrath of moderators, after starting the anti-thread-closing protest against Civilian Solider?

Civ is a good mod, now leave off him.

--------------------

WSAENOTSOCK
PMEmail Poster
_CiviliaN^SoldieR_
Posted: June 08, 2005 04:30 pm
Quote Post

civilized d00d

Group: Moderators

I've stuck with Ironoak strongly, and for along time, i'm not about to leave any time soon, i close a few useless never to happen/impossible/over the top threads, and suddenly i was a bad person.

Off-Topic:

Tell immoral to answer to my email. wink.gif

This post has been edited by _CiviliaN^SoldieR_ on June 08, 2005 04:33 pm

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Blue Summer
Posted: June 08, 2005 04:32 pm
Quote Post

Firefox

QUOTE (_CiviliaN^SoldieR_ @ Jun 8 2005, 04:30 PM)
I've stuck with Ironoak strongly, and for along time, i'm not about to leave any time soon, i close a few useless never to happen/impossible/over the top threads, and suddenly i was a bad person.

Off-Topic:

Tell immoral to answer to my email.

Agreed.

Stuck* not sticked i believe tongue.gif.

This post has been edited by _CiviliaN^SoldieR_ on June 08, 2005 04:32 pm

--------------------

WSAENOTSOCK
PMEmail Poster
EcheloN
Posted: June 09, 2005 02:59 am
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

Civilian Soldier and I have no feud, and never had one in the past, and if Immoral or anyone else was closing down all those threads I would have said the same things. Anyways, that issue has been resolved, so let it be.
PMEmail Poster
gamersha794
Posted: June 09, 2005 03:53 am
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

The entire time I was here, Immoral had moderator status, I believe. I stopped posting for a while, but I still showed up. Immoral never had anything against me, and I never had anything with him, and so accusing me of avoiding the forums while he was a mod is what is lame.

Civilian Soldier and I have no feud, and never had one in the past, and if Immoral or anyone else was closing down all those threads I would have said the same things. Anyways, that issue has been resolved, so let it be.

so you didn't avoid the forums, but didn't notice all the threads being closed..............

--------------------
come visit me on
Teamxecuter
Xbox-Scene
Teamxodus

PMEmail PosterAOL
Pages: 12
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll