[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Fake Bb:s Announcement
bombkangaroo
Posted: January 07, 2006 02:16 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Group: Members

Premature as these comments may be, I have to make them:
Does anyone else think it would be cool to get rushed by the zombies 28 days later/DotD remake style?

I think this is the natural evolution of the zombie. Traditionally they've been slow moving corpses, which I can understand if they're suffering decay or rigermortis. However, I find the panic that the freshly turned can instill in BB, when charging straight at you, to be more exciting than mechanically plugging the skulls of the shufflers.
Don't get me wrong, I love the game, and having all the zombies rush would screw the game balance badly, but I think it would make things more tense if there were the occasional corpse just running and jumping at the player(s) while constantly attacking. A zombie berzerker of sorts.
The reason I say running and jumping, is because even fred ceases to be much of a threat to a level 1 character when they realise he can't get them if they're on a platform a foot above ground level.

As I said, it's rather premature to suggest this, and I wouldn't know the exact means of implementing it. Just food for thought.

I'll suggest something more realistic: how about altering the zombie AI to continuously attack when their path towards a player is impeded? Would that be possible? Or giving them a bigger height range for their attacking animation?
I'm no expert, but it sounds feasible, and it might eliminate some of the "safe" areas that I always hang around because I know I can sit back an laugh like crack head while I pop heads.
PMEmail Poster
hunter
Posted: January 07, 2006 02:55 am
Quote Post

Fantasma Cazador

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

Ha crack head! YEah this has been suggested beofre for normal bb i like runners happy.gif

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
**[STARS]**BrasileiroSk8r
Posted: January 07, 2006 06:21 am
Quote Post

Uberzernichter

well first, i agree wit hunter on how the zombies shuld be like from RE2.

second, has anyone played RE3? in that one most zombies dont run but they stagger toward you really fast. its like they run at you only its not at top speed, its more like their regular shamble/walk but done faster, idk u hav to look for urself if u hav a copy of RE3, but if u see it ull kno what i mean.

also, for anyone still interested in BB audio stuff, im working on some ambient background music. just set it up for any map you want. i think ill add instructions to it when im finished, ill be using music from all the RE games made, yes ALL of them except for gaiden but that doesnt mean ill be making files for all the songs.

This post has been edited by **[STARS]**BrasileiroSk8r on January 07, 2006 06:23 am

--------------------
Come Skank with Me!
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Security Corporate
Posted: January 07, 2006 12:10 pm
Quote Post

Gore God of Massacre

QUOTE (bombkangaroo @ Jan 6 2006, 06:16 PM)
Premature as these comments may be, I have to make them:
Does anyone else think it would be cool to get rushed by the zombies 28 days later/DotD remake style?

I think this is the natural evolution of the zombie. Traditionally they've been slow moving corpses, which I can understand if they're suffering decay or rigermortis. However, I find the panic that the freshly turned can instill in BB, when charging straight at you, to be more exciting than mechanically plugging the skulls of the shufflers.
Don't get me wrong, I love the game, and having all the zombies rush would screw the game balance badly, but I think it would make things more tense if there were the occasional corpse just running and jumping at the player(s) while constantly attacking. A zombie berzerker of sorts.
The reason I say running and jumping, is because even fred ceases to be much of a threat to a level 1 character when they realise he can't get them if they're on a platform a foot above ground level.

As I said, it's rather premature to suggest this, and I wouldn't know the exact means of implementing it. Just food for thought.

I'll suggest something more realistic: how about altering the zombie AI to continuously attack when their path towards a player is impeded? Would that be possible? Or giving them a bigger height range for their attacking animation?
I'm no expert, but it sounds feasible, and it might eliminate some of the "safe" areas that I always hang around because I know I can sit back an laugh like crack head while I pop heads.

I was thinking about runners. I could that add that in, it shouldn't be hard. Fresher corpses run while older ones shamble. We could put more zombie types in too...we'll see. By the way I'm almost done with the video, I'm gonna upload it tomorrow.
PM
Nikku
Posted: January 07, 2006 04:24 pm
Quote Post

Mr. Coke

there should be less runners but maake them hard as hell, a mission should be "Destroy all runners!" but after the mission there are still runners! cuase like yeah!!11111oneoneoen

If that was the point he was getting across

--------------------
Only when you gick, will you truly fish...
PMEmail Poster
hunter
Posted: January 07, 2006 05:30 pm
Quote Post

Fantasma Cazador

OhYEah **[STARS]**BrasileiroSk8r i forgot about those random faster limpers. THey will be just coming at you slow then they will proper go at you tis a good idea and will make it a bit more scaryer. The things i disliked about the bb zombies was the limited amount of models and skins, need more models and skins for individuality. Also the zombies noices were silly, i mean when they said brains and join us i didnt like it i just prefer there moans.

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
slappy
Posted: January 07, 2006 07:39 pm
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis
Group Icon

Group: BB Betatesters

CODE
another BB classic betatester more than willing to help test this port!

slappy
pm.slappy@gmail.com

This post has been edited by slappy on January 07, 2006 07:40 pm

--------------------
Add the Lawnmower to BB!!
PMEmail Poster
bombkangaroo
Posted: January 07, 2006 08:51 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

QUOTE (**[STARS]**BrasileiroSk8r @ Jan 7 2006, 06:21 AM)
second, has anyone played RE3? in that one most zombies dont run but they stagger toward you really fast. its like they run at you only its not at top speed, its more like their regular shamble/walk but done faster, idk u hav to look for urself if u hav a copy of RE3, but if u see it ull kno what i mean.

Those things were scarier than the Nemesis. Which, while not that hard to accomplish, is still something.
I'd be plugging away with the old DE I nabbed from Nemi's corpse, and those bastards would come flying out of the group at me. ohmy.gif Oh shit! Get away, GET AWAY!!! "BAM BAM BAM".
PMEmail Poster
hunter
Posted: January 07, 2006 09:33 pm
Quote Post

Fantasma Cazador

NEMESIS IS A FUCKING BRILLIANT MONSTER. I love that guy!

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Posted: January 08, 2006 01:16 am
Quote Post

Uberzernichter

hes my uncle

--------------------
Come Skank with Me!
User Posted Image
hunter
Posted: January 08, 2006 02:06 am
Quote Post

Fantasma Cazador

Hey uncle nemesis "STTAARRSSS" (GRabs your skull and crushes it)

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Posted: January 08, 2006 05:25 am
Quote Post

Uberzernichter

next time he does that, ima put molestation charges on his leather clad ass!

--------------------
Come Skank with Me!
User Posted Image
Hobo Ninja
Posted: January 08, 2006 06:06 am
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

Running zombies would be possible but basically their legs would fall off after about a week. When you run or even walk your muscals break down, and you regenerate them, of course walking is alot slower of a breakdown than running. But when you are dead you cannot regenerate the muscals therefore after about a week of running the runner zombies would just be pulling themselves by their arms, shit even normal zombies probably couldn't last like more than 5 years.....

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterICQAOLYahoo
Edgar
Posted: January 08, 2006 01:49 pm
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis

Great explanation Hobo Ninja smile.gif

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQAOL
hunter
Posted: January 08, 2006 02:18 pm
Quote Post

Fantasma Cazador

Guys i just realised we do have runners! THe player controlled zombies, isnt that enough?

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Pages: ««<34567>»»
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll