Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Glitches Galore (am I the only one?), random zombie seizures/etc
asmoron
  Posted: January 11, 2005 05:49 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Group: Members

BB is by far my favorite mod for HL, but I do run into a few quirks and I was wondering who else has them (if they're common or not).

1.) Graphical glitches. Zombies will lay down and stand up rapidly, some people die standing up and shake rapidly, the tank will spin and shake rapidly. Everything looks like it's having a weird seizure sometimes. This doesn't always occur, but it still happens. To me at least.

2.) The sniper rifle doesn't hit jack. I aim for the head and the bullet wizzes a foot or two above the crosshair. Aiming at the torso has a better chance but even then it's half-accurate and barely does anything.

3.) Killing players as a zombie sends them flying 3 miles away at light speed like they just got hit by a train. (Maybe that was intentional?)

Anyways.
If there's a way around the graphical glitches, that would be nice.
Everything else I'm sure is just part of the game... The sniper rifle is still a bit whacked though...

Happy hunting.
PMEmail Poster
Immoral Sniper
Posted: January 11, 2005 07:01 am
Quote Post

The force is strong in me
Group Icon

Group: BB Betatesters

I have only seen the tank spin rapidly, and chances are that was a problem with the path nodes, world geometry, and zombie interference.

I already addressed #2 in another thread, firing from a standing position is currently a big no-no...

#3, not always, I tend to insta gib player zombies, though it is fun to kick field goals with the AI zombies and sawed off. Unless otherwise informed by the devs, it is more a feature than a bug.

None of the three qualify as bugs in my opinion, unless further proof can substantiate the seizuring zombies and players.

--------------------
BB Maps I've made...
bb_stronghold {Beta 9}
bb_shootingrange {Beta 1}

Threads you should read before posting...
Immoral's List of Things Not to Suggest
Immoral's Mapping Guide

Forum Spammers
Name (Number of spamming citations issued)

Nikku (3), -KRUX- (2), Mitchell (2), hunter (2), Gneralas (2), CHAY (2), vyvu (2), Rustie1821 (1), w00t (1), dagny (1), Nandu666 (1), The.Raver(1), moecomputer (1), -=Jouni=- (1), santa_kills (1), DarknessGlams (1)
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
slappy
Posted: January 11, 2005 08:33 am
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis
Group Icon

all the close-combat weapons are designed to have a kickback effect, in order to allow players to clear crowded areas.

--------------------
Add the Lawnmower to BB!!
PMEmail Poster
KiNg KrbZ
Posted: January 11, 2005 02:12 pm
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

indeed, stoner rifle suxx, if you aim to a far away zombie with first zoom u cant kill him.
PMEmail Poster
Blue Summer
Posted: January 15, 2005 01:15 pm
Quote Post

Firefox

QUOTE (KiNg KrbZ @ Jan 11 2005, 02:12 PM)
indeed, stoner rifle suxx, if you aim to a far away zombie with first zoom u cant kill him.

indeed.

I also believe the kickback effect is too far...

--------------------
This is what Ive said for the past couple months every time has requested source: BB source is highly unlikely because the mod team (Ironoak) has decided to use the crystal engine to create an rpg, although they have said there is a small chance of going to source but please, for the sake of all mankind, do not request a port and/or create polls, or even useless threads about the porting of BB, because it is most likely not going to happen, thank you for reading.

WSAENOTSOCK
PMEmail Poster
hunter
Posted: January 15, 2005 01:54 pm
Quote Post

Fantasma Cazador

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

when u kill a zombie it takes like two seconds for u to be able to walk over its body i was ina corridor and there was this zombie blockign my path so i shot him and tried to walk past but i had to wait until his body had vanished then another zombie spawned behind me

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Immoral Sniper
Posted: January 15, 2005 02:53 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

QUOTE (KiNg KrbZ @ Jan 11 2005, 08:12 AM)

The devs have currently deemed firing from a stand position as consistantly inaccurate at any range longer than 80 meters or so.

Edit: To fix invisibility of post...

--------------------
BB Maps I've made...
bb_stronghold {Beta 9}

Immoral's Mapping Guide

Forum Spammers

Nikku (3), -KRUX- (2), Mitchell (2), hunter (2), Gneralas (2), CHAY (2), vyvu (2), Rustie1821 (1), w00t (1), dagny (1), Nandu666 (1), The.Raver(1), moecomputer (1), -=Jouni=- (1), santa_kills (1), DarknessGlams (1)
prox
Posted: January 18, 2005 09:35 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

what are you guys talking about, the sniper rifle doesnt hit shit? its the best gun in the game imo. its amazingly accurate, scoped or not, the only time it doesnt hit anything is when its real laggy, otherwise its amazing
PMEmail Poster
hunter
Posted: January 18, 2005 09:44 pm
Quote Post

Fantasma Cazador

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

why would there be random silenced sniper rifles about u want soemthing not silenced wiht a load of noice and recoil

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Immoral Sniper
Posted: January 18, 2005 11:23 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

QUOTE (prox @ Jan 18 2005, 03:35 PM)
what are you guys talking about, the sniper rifle doesnt hit shit? its the best gun in the game imo. its amazingly accurate, scoped or not

I have proven that the Stoner is very inaccurate while standing; look here.

--------------------
BB Maps I've made...
bb_stronghold {Beta 9}

Immoral's Mapping Guide

Forum Spammers

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll