[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> lag, glitches, and suggestions
HellsFlame
Posted: January 16, 2005 04:19 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Group: Members

LAGGGGG!!!!!

every time i go onto a server with the new storyline maps it laggs like in the 1000. you cant even move if you have more then 5 people playing.

the new custom maps problems...

-There is an overload of entites

-almost everytime i get a headshot the zombie flys off map

-the lag is horrible

I also have a personal problem that only afects me.
I can never get the chaingun or flamethrower. its a glitch that i have had since i first downloaded it. yes yes yes, you are all going to say "you need experience points"... well screw that. i got to level 15 and it still said that i dont have enof experience. when i got to level 20 i still could not do it. When my friend cameover, he played it for about 2 hours on a private server and got to level 70!!, he still could not pic up the guns on my comp. please tell me what to do.

Also when there are a whole bunch of players and then bump into each other the player and you experience some twitching of the screen and being push bad a few feet.

also, the zombies have a melle problem. ive been like 5 feet away from the zombies and then they swing for no reason and i get hurt. even while im running.

and technicly, a zombie should go down in one bullet to the head, not an entire clip. even 2 shots is to much. 1 shot should bring it down.

and i have shot REAL guns before and a person should never hold a pistol with one hand. that bugs the crap out of me. also the aim is a bit to good and the kickback of the gun is to low. a .44 or.45 should shoot and then kick-back about 50 degrees.

i also feel that the guns dont live upto there names. a .45 or .44 bullet should just RIP apart a grown mans face. and it has the stopping power of getting hit with a huge metal bat at full speed.

the hands also dont look real. when you hold the m16, the hand is streched and unreal. id like to see someone convert some CS hands to BB because id like to see something realistic hands.

the zombies also dont look convicing. they have to much red on there face. sometimes a huge number of the same zombie will spawn and it doesnt look real. try to just put blood on there mouth and not the entire face.

the shotgun is also HUGLY unpowerful. the shot gun should be a lot more of a powerhouse. killing a zombie with one hit to the head should do it, not like 3 or 4 shells.

you should also try to make your own military because it looks to much like a mod with the original military from HL.

the ax should also just take out a zombi in one or 2 hits to the head. i stood there for about 30 seconds just ramming a zombie in the head with an ax and all that happend was that the zombie got blown back a few feet.

I also think that the zombie players are to fast. if you are going to make the Z-player amazing cheeta quick, then you should make them all quick and fast. it makes no sence to have one zombie walking at like 2 mph and another running at 20 mph.

and i dont remember the fact that a zombie could say "brains!" and "flesh!". if its dead then the vocal cord should be desintgrating. it would not be able to say anthing but "ugh".

thats it for now, im going to play BB and find more stuff.

anyway, awsome job on the new maps and guns biggrin.gif . keep up the good work.
PMEmail Poster
Mkilbride
Posted: January 16, 2005 04:29 am
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis

http://www.ironoak.ch/PE/forum/index.php?a...16a12b58da45af1

READ!!!!

aslo this is a fun mod,it wasent ment to be real the slightest bit,it was just a slap-togeather mod /w polish

--------------------
User Posted Image

"Perhaps I do not know the limitations of my power, or is it perhaps, I wish to defy them?"
PMEmail Poster
Immoral Sniper
Posted: January 16, 2005 04:34 am
Quote Post

The force is strong in me
Group Icon

Group: BB Betatesters

I also have a personal problem that only afects me.
I can never get the chaingun or flamethrower. its a glitch that i have had since i first downloaded it. yes yes yes, you are all going to say "you need experience points"... well screw that. i got to level 15 and it still said that i dont have enof experience. when i got to level 20 i still could not do it. When my friend cameover, he played it for about 2 hours on a private server and got to level 70!!, he still could not pic up the guns on my comp. please tell me what to do.

Simply being level 15 or 20 is NOT enough to gain access to the weaponry, you need 8 levels into your skill statistic in order to wield any weapon.

also, the zombies have a melle problem. ive been like 5 feet away from the zombies and then they swing for no reason and i get hurt. even while im running.

Zombies have a slightly longer attack range then they should, couple this with lag and that is what you get. Move away from them faster

and technicly, a zombie should go down in one bullet to the head, not an entire clip. even 2 shots is to much. 1 shot should bring it down.

Care to find a real world experiament that proves this? This is a game, it takes liberties with the universe it is set in. 1 shot kills would make the game easier than imaginable.

and i have shot REAL guns before and a person should never hold a pistol with one hand. that bugs the crap out of me. also the aim is a bit to good and the kickback of the gun is to low. a .44 or.45 should shoot and then kick-back about 50 degrees.

i also feel that the guns dont live upto there names. a .45 or .44 bullet should just RIP apart a grown mans face. and it has the stopping power of getting hit with a huge metal bat at full speed.

Realism is second to what 'feels' right for the atmosphere.

the shotgun is also HUGLY unpowerful. the shot gun should be a lot more of a powerhouse. killing a zombie with one hit to the head should do it, not like 3 or 4 shells.

I can kill them with 1 shotgun shell form the benelli, so it obviously is not underpowered.

the ax should also just take out a zombi in one or 2 hits to the head. i stood there for about 30 seconds just ramming a zombie in the head with an ax and all that happend was that the zombie got blown back a few feet.

Again, I and others can kill zombies with 2 axe hits to the head, so it can't be as underpowered as you think it to be.

I also think that the zombie players are to fast. if you are going to make the Z-player amazing cheeta quick, then you should make them all quick and fast. it makes no sence to have one zombie walking at like 2 mph and another running at 20 mph.

and i dont remember the fact that a zombie could say "brains!" and "flesh!". if its dead then the vocal cord should be desintgrating. it would not be able to say anthing but "ugh".

I'll repeat myself "Care to find a real world experiament that proves this? This is a game, it takes liberties with the universe it is set in." Player zombies would have no chance and be bored out of their mind if they lacked a speed advantage over the survivors.

Anything I left unmentioned was either too minor to be considered a bug or actually a legitimate bug. A lot of this post sounds like it should be in the suggestions forum and not the bug report forum.

--------------------
BB Maps I've made...
bb_stronghold {Beta 9}
bb_shootingrange {Beta 1}

Threads you should read before posting...
Immoral's List of Things Not to Suggest
Immoral's Mapping Guide

Forum Spammers
Name (Number of spamming citations issued)

Nikku (3), -KRUX- (2), Mitchell (2), hunter (2), Gneralas (2), CHAY (2), vyvu (2), Rustie1821 (1), w00t (1), dagny (1), Nandu666 (1), The.Raver(1), moecomputer (1), -=Jouni=- (1), santa_kills (1), DarknessGlams (1)
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Mac
Posted: January 16, 2005 05:24 am
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

QUOTE (Immoral Sniper @ Jan 16 2005, 04:34 AM)

I can kill them with 1 shotgun shell form the benelli, so it obviously is not underpowered.

One with benelli? No way .. with ABC 1.35, even with my level 99 I can't smoke zombies the way I used to be able to ..

--------------------
Ex-Admin of |A.B.C.|'s Super Hard BB Server
PMEmail Poster
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll