Powered by Invision Power Board [ Resend Validation Email ]
Welcome Guest [ Log In · Register ]
Forum Rules HelpSearchMembersCalendar

Pages: 12  [ Go to first unread post ]
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Will there be a user-friendly editor?, This would be a nice addition! ;)
Craka_J
Posted: October 08, 2007 04:29 am
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

Group: Members

Brainbread deserves a map-editor. I say this because there really aren't a lot of maps out there and the main reason is because there is no user-friendly editor by you guys to help assist people in creating their maps more efficiently.

Making an editor may be a bit difficult, but surely it won't be as difficult as to making the actual game by scratch like you guys (The Brainbread: Source Development Team) are. You could also include special little things in the editor to make map-making simpler and easier. Tool-tips, Tool-Palettes, Already imported models/skins/sounds/Default A.I. scritpting to function with Brainbreads gameplay, etc.

Things like this would certainly be a great addition to go with the release of Brainbread: Source. I know you guys are probably busy enough as it is with the creation of Brainbread: Source, but I believe, along with a few others I've played with and asked in the past when playing Brainbread, that it would be a very honorable and exciting feature.

Either way, I really do hope you finish a lot more of Brainbread: Source soon; I sure do love the screenshots we've been shown so far!
PS: How about a game-play video hosted up on YouTube? Surely that'll beat screenshots for sure! biggrin.gif
~Craka_J

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
mallic
Posted: October 08, 2007 04:55 am
Quote Post

Penguin Overlord

Group: BB:S Team

I may make a gameplay video over youtube when the closed beta comes out.

--------------------
User Posted Image
I am too connected to you to
Slip away, to fade away
Days away I still feel you
Touching me, changing me
PMEmail Poster
Craka_J
Posted: October 08, 2007 06:59 am
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

Isn't the alpha beta pretty much a closed beta? blink.gif
~Craka_J

--------------------
Zombie Assassin
Posted: October 08, 2007 07:04 am
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

i guess so, but its an ALPHA beta of the game. Which is different.

And, the editor won't go in. Otherwise you would enter the map and there would be like 4 freds and no marines and no ammo.

Its a bad idea to do that, unless your going to upload it onto Fileshare or something.

And, you might spawn in a pit of acid or something.

But i agree with you there about the gameplay movie thing.
PM
Craka_J
Posted: October 08, 2007 07:20 am
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

Glad to hear you guys are looking into the gameplay teasers idea.

And I just assumed that the Alpha beta was the same as a closed beta since it wasn't publicly released, that's what I meant.

PS: Did you guys add a new logo and a few other images to the forum recently? Or am I on crack? lol
~Craka_J

--------------------
Zombie Assassin
Posted: October 08, 2007 07:33 am
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

Actually, we suggested it first, so it was more of you going with the gameplay trailer.
PM
Craka_J
Posted: October 08, 2007 07:36 am
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

Either way, this is news to me; good news! And I'm am very excited to see the upcoming trailer. biggrin.gif
~Craka_J

--------------------
mallic
Posted: October 08, 2007 01:06 pm
Quote Post

Penguin Overlord

There is a difference between alpha and closed beta. Alpha, only the devs have the file, and with the closed beta, beta testers have it. (that would be me, ari, chace, and a few other people)

--------------------
User Posted Image
Slip away, to fade away
Touching me, changing me
PMEmail Poster
Lundquist
Posted: October 08, 2007 01:15 pm
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

Group: Old BB:S team

QUOTE (Craka_J @ October 08, 2007 04:29 am)
...Making an editor may be a bit difficult, but surely it won't be as difficult as to making the actual game by scratch...

You obviously have no idea how difficult it is encoding a standardised .bsp let alone the customised source engine specific one.

There is a perfectly good level editor available to you, that is fairly simple to use and understand, go find Valve Hammer. There are plenty of tutorials to get you started online (My First Map, etc) we may also be releasing a couple of BBS specific tutorials on how to use the new missions and NPC stuff smile.gif Thats if any of us have any time/sanity left after the mod is finished.

--------------------
...and they will show you how, to make the future look a bit victorian aged and how to spread your geekness, proudly, not ashamed...
- Camillo Miller (Fareware ToM)
PMEmail Poster
Zombie Assassin
Posted: October 08, 2007 01:18 pm
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

Any of you are left sane?? OMG! Quick! Psychopaths! Get your family, bring them to your house, lock your house!

nAH, JUST JOKIN tongue.gif
PM
Luciel
Posted: October 08, 2007 05:25 pm
Quote Post

Doom Trooper

Group: Moderators

"alpha beta" makes no sense,

Alpha is a version thatīs not quite up to beta standards, regardless of wether itīs public or closed.

About making a video mallic... a closed beta is closed for a reason, get me?
SDWBOSS
Posted: October 08, 2007 05:30 pm
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

We should bring in a secrecy act wink.gif

--------------------
User Posted Image
mallic
Posted: October 08, 2007 06:15 pm
Quote Post

Penguin Overlord

Lund it will be useless videos of modeling, no actual gameplay footage (im not nice enough to give you people shit, as i have been waiting to play the game just as long as most of you and longer then others)

--------------------
User Posted Image
Slip away, to fade away
Touching me, changing me
PMEmail Poster
Craka_J
Posted: October 08, 2007 07:24 pm
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

Valve Hammer? Hmm... I gotta remember that.

Alpha beta for only the dev. team alone, eh? I think I know what you're saying. Though that kind of reduces the need of Closed Beta testers doesn't it? I mean you don't even have a lot of Closed Beta testers!
~Craka_J

--------------------
Luciel
Posted: October 08, 2007 07:45 pm
Quote Post

Doom Trooper

Group: Moderators

ok let me explain it.

Alpha: Stage where the game is somewhat playable, full of bugs, crushes, etc, you could amost call it the stage where stuff has been implemented to actually create on game the concept of such.

Closed Beta: This is the stage where most major bugs (the ones that make the game unplayable for x reasons) have been fixed, a decent percentage of the game content has been introduced, and all in all, itīs ready for an x ammount of people to test it and help the dev team find more bugs (mainly those that arenīt so obvious), but itīs not ready for the public eye.

Open Beta: The game is pretty much cleaned out of most bugs, itīs playable and so on, but itīs not quite finished for a release candidate, so an open beta with obviously a hell of a lot more people, meaning more chances of finding the hidden bugs, so the dev team can iron the final bits.

Release Candidate: The 1.0 Version that is released to everyone as an official released mod.
Pages: 12
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll