> spawn point idea, idea
coldwar
Posted: November 29, 2004 11:56 pm
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind
Group Icon

Group: BB Betatesters

I just had an idea,well here it is,

Youy guys know how evrybody spawns at the main base right,on cool thing would be that evrbody spawned far from the base but no one would be toghter,on of mission would be that evrybody would have to meet at one spot and then go to the base and have a better chance of living,the rest you can do what ya want,so......... what do ya think huh.gif

also that all of them only got to have a pistol and they would have to find the wepons at the main base or out in the city

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Nekrotzar
Posted: November 30, 2004 12:09 am
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

Group: Members

There seem to be a lot of people that want seperated spawns, me included. But I'm pretty sure there are alot of people that want it as it is right now. They just don't post because there's no need to. The problem is, you can't make it a server variable, so people could decide for themselves, because of the HL1 spawn place limitations.
PMEmail Poster
coldwar
Posted: November 30, 2004 12:13 am
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind
Group Icon

no you dont have to put it your self its atomatic

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Grey Snake
Posted: November 30, 2004 12:19 am
Quote Post

Clean up Crew
Group Icon

i don't want to spawn in seperate places becasue u get killed faster wink.gif but maybe the host or whoever is runnning server {dedicated-non dedicated} there could be like an option when starting server or once the map begans u can type something in console to make it where u spawn together or not. Then u restart map.

--------------------
Moderators of Fourms
Jakkar
TSS
Grey Snake
Immoral Sniper
_CiviliaN^SoldieR_

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Installation Guide - Step By Step Guide
The Angel Estate - My story
PMEmail Poster
MadMax_FMM
Posted: November 30, 2004 12:51 am
Quote Post

Overlord!
Group Icon

Group: IronOak Leaders

Yes... we tested that before, but it doesn't work. The gameplay was bad because there was no teamplay, so we created a safe teamspawnzone.

--------------------
>> "Sie bildeten junge Männer aus Bomben auf ihre Häuser zu werfen; aber sie verboten ihnen das Wort FUCK auf ihre Maschinen zu schreiben... weil es obszön ist. - FREI ZITIERT NACH F.F.COPPOLAS APOCALYPSE NOW" <<

Leader Staff - IronOak Studios:
"PERSONAL ONLINE PORTFOLIO" http://www.ironoak.ch/MM
"PE - THE DARK FUTURE" http://www.ironoak.ch/PE
"BRAINBREAD - MUNDUS VULT DECIPI" http://www.ironoak.ch/BB
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQ
WolfsLoveRage
Posted: November 30, 2004 03:52 am
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

Unfortuenately there is barely any team play even with every one spawning together. I try to use the mic and type it out but people feel content to just sit on top of boxes and shoot at the zombies. I have actually completed missions all by my self while the others just shoot. Then other times some peope do use good team work, it just depends.

Having seperate spawn points for survivers doesn't sound like it would be any more or less team work, but it would add to the experience of you waking up and finding chaos.
PMEmail Poster
King_Parliament
Posted: November 30, 2004 05:28 pm
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

I reccommend throwing players into situations where they need to cooperate, like Sven co-op, without shoving it down their throats with dual-push buttons. For example, have a level with a tank and 6 soliders that move to areas after you defend it. For example, objective one would be 'defend freeway overpass' with only players and a cop. When the time is up, a tank and 6 soldiers park on the overpass. From has you taking shortcuts to help defend police officers at blockades as the tank and soldiers take the long route (i.e. off level), showing up and kicking ass as the triggered zombie swarms get more intense.

Have opportunities where working together would be highly reccommended, even though it kind of is to get the briefcase anyway. And have more exciting triggers! Like soldiers attacking a building to rescue cops, and they can only make it if you help, or blackhawks carrying players to 2 spots on the map (land, take off, land, go back to first spot, repeat etc.) Stuff like that! And more big maps! Suburbias! A full-size mall! Base them after movies! On clear days! Dark nights! Bright malls with happy music playing! MORE! BIGGER! (houses you can walk into!)

Oh, and one more thing... fix the zombie respawns. Have zombies respawn around the corner of where they were killed instead of right where I shot them... Zombies respawning on a corner is just irritating, it'd be creepier and more exciting if they shambled around the corner down the street instead of RIGHT THERE. It needs fixing, it honestly does! One thing I love about brainbread is the zombie mode lets players be competitive or cooperative depending on their choice! Great design decision!

(sorry for the long post... But I just want to get some of these comments by! *shame*)

--------------------
"There are only two things that are infinate, the universe and human stupidity, though I am not too sure of the former"
-Albert Einstein
user posted image
PMEmail PosterAOL
Grey Snake
Posted: November 30, 2004 10:17 pm
Quote Post

Clean up Crew
Group Icon

I agree with you about the zombies respawning like every second everytime u kill em smile.gif but i disagree with you when u said "make the maps bigger" well the devs can't do that.... becasue hl engine or something won't allow that {i don't know all about the netcode and h1 engine limits} anyways the maps right now are even pushing the limit. wink.gif

--------------------
Moderators of Fourms
Jakkar
TSS
Grey Snake
Immoral Sniper
_CiviliaN^SoldieR_

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Installation Guide - Step By Step Guide
The Angel Estate - My story
PMEmail Poster
King_Parliament
Posted: December 01, 2004 02:42 am
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

QUOTE (Grey Snake @ Nov 30 2004, 10:17 PM)
I agree with you about the zombies respawning like every second everytime u kill em smile.gif but i disagree with you when u said "make the maps bigger" well the devs can't do that.... becasue hl engine or something won't allow that {i don't know all about the netcode and h1 engine limits} anyways the maps right now are even pushing the limit. wink.gif

True, but I suppose I should have said make them more detailed. I was looking forward to buildings I could run inside and search for items, but what we have is still great and a work in progress: can't demand too much from something that is not done.

And again about the respawns... Fix em somehow! It's so irritating when some corners are watched by a zombie respawn and I CANT DODGE THEM. I really don't know the developer whoodad... but find some way, maybe a 3 second timelimit before respawn.

--------------------
"There are only two things that are infinate, the universe and human stupidity, though I am not too sure of the former"
-Albert Einstein
user posted image
PMEmail PosterAOL
Jakkar
Posted: December 01, 2004 04:23 am
Quote Post

Forumzombie!

The group spawn promotes teamplay, people never group up when they spawn seperately. This is tried and tested. If larger maps were possible, this could be considered, but larger maps aren't happening on this engine.

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Zpin
Posted: December 01, 2004 07:56 pm
Quote Post

Einherjar
Group Icon

Group: IronOak Leader (Admin)

- the cooperation problem: what do you think of giving the players withing a certain range around the mission completion spot a high amount of exp/points? e.g. if someone delivers the case to one of the mission zones everyone within a certain range from the place he delivered the case will get more xp than the others.

--------------------
The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all. - Ecclesiastes IX. 11.
---
The fool speaks, the wise man listens. - unknown
PMUsers Website
Zuwahmbi
Posted: December 02, 2004 12:40 am
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

But, eh, couldn't people just camp the mission zones (doing that standing- on-an-unreachable-place-and-shooting-every-zombie-they-see thing people are fond of doing) and wait for someone to come with a case?

As for the teamwork thing, you might could make the helicopter mission like the "Assault" mode from TimeSplitters 2 (basically, once one person reaches a waypoint on the map it becomes the new spawn location..), with the helicopter on the other side of the level. And have a "nuke" button at each waypoint, which knocks out any zombie spawns before the waypoint (you'd have to define what "before" is). It could also maybe instagib any campers who refused to follow the team (however, could lead to some interesting moral dillemmas if honest-to-goodness stragglers or latecomers get left behind or pinned down, with tension building as zombies surround the waypoint). After that, any new players would spawn closer to the goal, and the process would repeat for each waypoint. However, after the last waypoint, when the helicopter lands, some of the zombie spawns come back, so any new players would have to be, say, rescued by small search parties or else the survivors may fail. Or not.
PMEmail Poster
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll