Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Snipers And Shooters From Afar, Npc's in hard to eat places ... and misc
Blak-Dragon
  Posted: February 24, 2005 08:09 pm
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

Group: Members

I was thinking if they added some Npc's in areas where zombies couldnt reach them, such as some hollowed out windows in some buildings for some soldiers to shoot out of, or on some ledge that is inaccessible to get to by Players and Zombies. This way there would be an easyier way to suppress zombies without worrying about covering the Military.

Also i was thinking of snipers (Such as the ones from HL 1, Example. Near the Rocket Silo) placed around maps, such as in Dark Windows or somewhere in the cliffs covered in heavy camo. That or use the Black Ops Snipers from Op4, but you guys havent made the code for that yet ?.

Oh, and whats happening about the Osprey Helicopter ? you guys thought of using that from HL1 ? could be remodled as a Blackhawk to be more realistic, or would it be too much for the game to handle ?

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQAOLYahoo
Immoral Sniper
Posted: February 24, 2005 08:18 pm
Quote Post

The force is strong in me
Group Icon

Group: BB Betatesters

Giving grunts a Stoner might be possible, though I will have to differ to Spin on the logistics of that matter. However, as for specific sniper grunts, no. For the same reason we can't add guns, the model limit.

As for the placement, that is the mapper's perogitive.

--------------------
BB Maps I've made...
bb_stronghold {Beta 9}
bb_shootingrange {Beta 1}

Threads you should read before posting...
Immoral's List of Things Not to Suggest
Immoral's Mapping Guide

Forum Spammers
Name (Number of spamming citations issued)

Nikku (3), -KRUX- (2), Mitchell (2), hunter (2), Gneralas (2), CHAY (2), vyvu (2), Rustie1821 (1), w00t (1), dagny (1), Nandu666 (1), The.Raver(1), moecomputer (1), -=Jouni=- (1), santa_kills (1), DarknessGlams (1)
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Blak-Dragon
  Posted: February 24, 2005 08:33 pm
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

QUOTE (Immoral Sniper @ Feb 24 2005, 07:18 PM)
specific sniper grunts, no. For the same reason we can't add guns, the model limit.

As for the placement, that is the mapper's perogitive.

But i checked on closer look of the Sniper Spots in HL1 they are just little gravestone looking things with sticks poking out of them biggrin.gif kinda sad really.

Erm, i don't wana bring this topic up again incase of my head being smashed in and set alight, but with the Axe that was being disscussed. i was wondering if why not include it with a Power Smash like the wrench in Op4 ? or has that already been done ?

When will hey use the Op4 code anyway aswell ? if at all ?
Blue Summer
Posted: February 24, 2005 09:09 pm
Quote Post

Firefox

This would just be plain dumb imo. There is no need for sniper grunts, no need whatso ever.

--------------------
This is what Ive said for the past couple months every time has requested source: BB source is highly unlikely because the mod team (Ironoak) has decided to use the crystal engine to create an rpg, although they have said there is a small chance of going to source but please, for the sake of all mankind, do not request a port and/or create polls, or even useless threads about the porting of BB, because it is most likely not going to happen, thank you for reading.

WSAENOTSOCK
PMEmail Poster
Blak-Dragon
Posted: February 26, 2005 05:26 pm
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

QUOTE (Blue Summer @ Feb 24 2005, 08:09 PM)
This would just be plain dumb imo. There is no need for sniper grunts, no need whatso ever.

Ya well its an Orignal idea, its not like anyone around here is pulling new ideas outta their arses huh.gif
Elite viking
Posted: February 27, 2005 01:59 am
Quote Post

Veteran Lord Carnage

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

Kudos for that. HOwever, it seems lie the idea is pretty badly greeted.
It really is the matter of te mapper, since he can add whatever he wants, with a little coding +fixing.
PMEmail Poster
vyvu
  Posted: March 02, 2005 03:31 am
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

nice idea they should make like tanks that arnt choppy as well and they should add like npc on turrets such as machine guns and on the tank turret and in the helicopter turret as well that would be pretty cool

--------------------
user posted imageI am 52% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Immoral Sniper
Posted: March 02, 2005 03:11 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

There is not a way to make the tank movement less choppy, especially with zombies and players nearby. As for NPCs in the turrets, the tank's main gun is more than enough already and the blackhawk already fires a machinegun. Adding NPCs to them is a waste of polygons that could instead be used for more zombies.

--------------------
BB Maps I've made...
bb_stronghold {Beta 9}

Immoral's Mapping Guide

Forum Spammers

Nikku (3), -KRUX- (2), Mitchell (2), hunter (2), Gneralas (2), CHAY (2), vyvu (2), Rustie1821 (1), w00t (1), dagny (1), Nandu666 (1), The.Raver(1), moecomputer (1), -=Jouni=- (1), santa_kills (1), DarknessGlams (1)
vyvu
Posted: March 02, 2005 11:27 pm
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

k well im kinda newb at maping and models so i didnt knoe but u knoe it owuld be cool !!

--------------------
user posted imageI am 52% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Shoot_me
Posted: March 07, 2005 03:35 am
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

QUOTE (Immoral Sniper @ Mar 2 2005, 02:11 PM)
There is not a way to make the tank movement less choppy, especially with zombies and players nearby. As for NPCs in the turrets, the tank's main gun is more than enough already and the blackhawk already fires a machinegun. Adding NPCs to them is a waste of polygons that could instead be used for more zombies.

Well, it'd take up the what, the same amount of poly's that's taken up by one zombie? That's not THAT bad. Same goes for having a marine on a turret or tank mg. As long as mappers don't put EVERYTHING in one room, I don't see why it'd be such a problem for the HL engine.

--------------------

Still mapping away!!
PMUsers Website
Immoral Sniper
Posted: March 07, 2005 03:09 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

The pintle mounted MG on the tank does not fire, the blackhawk fires from the nose, not the side turrets. So I reiterate, why bother? It would be a waste of time and effort in my opinion. Besides, I think there to be more important things to do. Not to mention BB has to scrap for every polygon it can get in realitively open areas at times.

--------------------
BB Maps I've made...
bb_stronghold {Beta 9}

Immoral's Mapping Guide

Forum Spammers

Shoot_me
Posted: March 07, 2005 09:27 pm
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

QUOTE (Immoral Sniper @ Mar 7 2005, 02:09 PM)
The pintle mounted MG on the tank does not fire, the blackhawk fires from the nose, not the side turrets.  So I reiterate, why bother?  It would be a waste of time and effort in my opinion.  Besides, I think there to be more important things to do.  Not to mention BB has to scrap for every polygon it can get in realitively open areas at times.

Well, thats just it, in your *opinion* its a waste of time and effort. It would look a little better to have a marine on an MG IMHO, but Im going to leave it at that instead of arguing over this point anymore.

Blak-Dragon: Im pretty sure you can simulate the effect of snipers with func_turrets. Ive not actually tried using them within BB, but if you can keep them from shooting EVERYTHING that moves, just throw in a model of a marine behind an invisible func_turret (with a large flare sprite). Then just make sure that the firing rate is set down low and that the range is sufficient (and that you dont set it to use mortars).

This post has been edited by Shoot_me on March 07, 2005 09:32 pm

--------------------

Still mapping away!!
PMUsers Website
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll