Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Want to play BF3? You sure?
mallic
Posted: August 31, 2011 04:08 pm
Quote Post

Penguin Overlord

Group: BB:S Team

Thank you for posing that response in a way that is far more diplomatic than I would have neiko. I believe very strongly in people standing up for themselves and not being sheeple (sheep people) as they seem wont to do as of late. It would seem the latest generation doesn't know anything about politics or that they have the ability to change things. Modern civilization has pacified the masses into a calm ever gullible horde of zombie consumers.

Side note: also firehawk, I don't give a shit if you like me or not. Your responses were for the most part overly hostile and poorly thought out, which was exactly the same things you all bitched at me about on the birthday thread.

This post has been edited by mallic on August 31, 2011 04:15 pm

--------------------
User Posted Image
I am too connected to you to
Slip away, to fade away
Days away I still feel you
Touching me, changing me
PMEmail Poster
FirehawkBBs
Posted: August 31, 2011 04:41 pm
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis

QUOTE (mallic @ August 31, 2011 04:08 pm)
Thank you for posing that response in a way that is far more diplomatic than I would have neiko. I believe very strongly in people standing up for themselves and not being sheeple (sheep people) as they seem wont to do as of late. It would seem the latest generation doesn't know anything about politics or that they have the ability to change things. Modern civilization has pacified the masses into a calm ever gullible horde of zombie consumers.

Side note: also firehawk, I don't give a shit if you like me or not. Your responses were for the most part overly hostile and poorly thought out, which was exactly the same things you all bitched at me about on the birthday thread.

You dont have respect for me, and thats a problem.

--------------------
User Posted Image
IronOakStudios deserves a new forum :)
PMEmail Poster
gordon_frohman
Posted: August 31, 2011 08:39 pm
Quote Post

Frohtastic !

Group: Members

Right, go somewhere else to compare penis sizes....
No need for it on this forum.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
mallic
Posted: September 01, 2011 12:55 am
Quote Post

Penguin Overlord

QUOTE (FirehawkBBs @ August 31, 2011 08:41 am)
QUOTE (mallic @ August 31, 2011 04:08 pm)

You dont have respect for me, and thats a problem.

Respect is earned not given.

@gordon, we have been comparing penises for most of this forums existence in one way or another lol.

--------------------
User Posted Image
Slip away, to fade away
Touching me, changing me
PMEmail Poster
Keyes
Posted: September 01, 2011 02:18 am
Quote Post

I'm On A Boat

Group: Moderators

Firehawk, mallic, would you PLEASE give it a rest? The petty sniping is boring.

And with that, back on topic.

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Neiko
Posted: September 01, 2011 04:49 am
Quote Post

Uberzernichter

EA updated their EULA on origin a while back a little while after all this uproar about it.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/battlefi...ges-origin-eula

People standing up and making a point, does work, if even a little bit. The EULA isn't perfect, but it's a lot better than it was before. Then again, are there any EULA that is perfect? I'd consider using Origin now, except for the fact I would rather use steam. So, unless I'm dying to play BF3, I'm still not touching Origin.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
mallic
Posted: September 01, 2011 05:25 am
Quote Post

Penguin Overlord

QUOTE (Neiko @ August 31, 2011 08:49 pm)
EA updated their EULA on origin a while back a little while after all this uproar about it.

People standing up and making a point, does work, if even a little bit. The EULA isn't perfect, but it's a lot better than it was before. Then again, are there any EULA that is perfect? I'd consider using Origin now, except for the fact I would rather use steam. So, unless I'm dying to play BF3, I'm still not touching Origin.

It's a damned sight way better than it was. Still far from perfect, but at least they responded to the outrage, though whether or not they stick to the terms of the EULA is yet to be determined. It wouldn't be the first time a company has sold out it's user info under the table. I still won't play BF3 because of the stupid out of game server browser and my hatred of console games though.

--------------------
User Posted Image
Slip away, to fade away
Touching me, changing me
PMEmail Poster
Neiko
Posted: September 01, 2011 09:36 am
Quote Post

Uberzernichter

QUOTE (mallic @ August 31, 2011 10:25 pm)

It's a damned sight way better than it was. Still far from perfect, but at least they responded to the outrage, though whether or not they stick to the terms of the EULA is yet to be determined. It wouldn't be the first time a company has sold out it's user info under the table. I still won't play BF3 because of the stupid out of game server browser and my hatred of console games though.

I'll be voicing my opinion with my wallet on BF3. As long as it is only on Origin, I'm 99% not going to touch it.

--------------------
FirehawkBBs
Posted: September 01, 2011 10:32 am
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis

QUOTE (Keyes @ September 01, 2011 02:18 am)
Firehawk, mallic, would you PLEASE give it a rest? The petty sniping is boring.

And with that, back on topic.

I can give it a rest.

--------------------
User Posted Image
IronOakStudios deserves a new forum :)
PMEmail Poster
mallic
Posted: September 01, 2011 02:49 pm
Quote Post

Penguin Overlord

QUOTE (Neiko @ September 01, 2011 01:36 am)

I'll be voicing my opinion with my wallet on BF3. As long as it is only on Origin, I'm 99% not going to touch it.

Eh I unfortunately preordered SW:TOR before all the crap came up with their eula. So either way I am fucked lol. Although I did create a virtual machine to play it on so Origin is running in an environment where it can't really get any of my data.

--------------------
User Posted Image
Slip away, to fade away
Touching me, changing me
PMEmail Poster
gordon_frohman
Posted: September 01, 2011 05:24 pm
Quote Post

Frohtastic !

QUOTE (mallic @ September 01, 2011 02:49 pm)

Eh I unfortunately preordered SW:TOR before all the crap came up with their eula. So either way I am fucked lol. Although I did create a virtual machine to play it on so Origin is running in an environment where it can't really get any of my data.

Same here with the SW:ToR stuff.

I am looking forward to sw tor somewhat tongue.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Neiko
Posted: September 01, 2011 06:51 pm
Quote Post

Uberzernichter

QUOTE (gordon_frohman @ September 01, 2011 10:24 am)

Last I heard though, you don't need Origin for SW:ToR.

--------------------
gordon_frohman
Posted: September 01, 2011 09:16 pm
Quote Post

Frohtastic !

QUOTE (Neiko @ September 01, 2011 06:51 pm)

you do if they made you buy it through origin ph34r.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
mallic
Posted: September 01, 2011 10:07 pm
Quote Post

Penguin Overlord

QUOTE (Neiko @ September 01, 2011 10:51 am)

I preordered it through origin because I didn't care about the whole non-steam thing. I was just sorta annoyed when their EULA became public and decided it was time to roll our the vm software lol.

--------------------
User Posted Image
Slip away, to fade away
Touching me, changing me
PMEmail Poster
gordon_frohman
Posted: September 02, 2011 11:49 pm
Quote Post

Frohtastic !