Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> an interisting idea, new map type
[bt]dems
Posted: October 22, 2004 03:17 am
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

Group: Members (old PE Betatesters)

someone suggested being able to barricade youre self in a building.

to me the barricade and defend idea is a staple of the zombie fantasy(dawn of the dead - 2004).

so i suggest a map type where you defend till the marines get to you (i.e. time limit).

you could have levels with premade barricades and the zombies slowly break it down, then the group could fall back to bottel necks and finally the room of DOOM!!! i was also thinking of trigger type barricades (i.e. the first line of barricades is lost & the group moves to the second line and activates the next set of barricades, but this could cut off others on the wrong side of the next set of barricades (i.e. intentional triggering of second, third, ect. line barricades earlier by a malicious person)

imagine you and youre friends are barricaded in a room with SOMEONE INFECTED. the suspence is great and thats totaly classic.

could this be done?

am i the only one who wants to see this in a game???

i'd love to see a remake of the mall in dawn of the dead...

oh and since this is coop mod a weapon sdk should be made so people can make tons and tons of new weapons. i think variety is essiantal to coop mods. this would also help level designers add a new level of style to there maps (i.e. a evil dead model and weapon set with levels based on the movie - "hail to the king baby!"). this could make the mod very dynamic.

--------------------
SMOKE 1 FO DA PO 1
PM
Lord Scottish
Posted: October 22, 2004 08:05 am
Quote Post

K.I.T.T.-Killer!
Group Icon

Group: IronOak Leaders

QUOTE ([bt]dems @ Oct 22 2004, 02:17 AM)
oh and since this is coop mod a weapon sdk should be made so people can make tons and tons of new weapons. i think variety is essiantal to coop mods. this would also help level designers add a new level of style to there maps (i.e. a evil dead model and weapon set with levels based on the movie - "hail to the king baby!"). this could make the mod very dynamic.

That's a great idea, I'll release several of the weapon animations/models/skins so people can create their own weapons or weaponmods. I always like to do that for other mods smile.gif

About the barricades: We didn't plan something like this for the first release. But there might be similar situations: Marines often build small barricades in the maps where you can also hide and defend yourself (they'll help you). And the man beside you may be infected smile.gif You will recognize an infected in the latest seconds of his human life ^^

--------------------
User Posted Image

"Aber in wirklichkeit ist Kunst eine Insidersprache für kultivierte Snobs, um sich zu ihrer Überlegenheit über den Rest der Welt zu beglückwünschen" Calvin, 6

Scottishs website
PMEmail Poster
lillbrorsan
Posted: October 22, 2004 09:28 am
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter
Group Icon

Group: BB Betatesters

Wow, nice idea.
I had no thoughts at all on a gameplay like that.

--------------------
http://www.kristoffersworld.tk - My private website with online portfolio
PMEmail Poster
smurfy
Posted: October 22, 2004 09:46 am
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind
Group Icon

You'r not the only one.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Qla
Posted: October 22, 2004 11:00 am
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

Group: Members

QUOTE (smurfy @ Oct 22 2004, 08:46 AM)

You'r not the only one.

Hes surely not the only one! I would LOVE to see somekind of barricade possibility on first/future releases. This mod will rock

--------------------
I am more powerful than all the armies of the world
I am more violent than violence, more deadly than death
I have destroyed more men than all the nations wars
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath..
PMEmail Poster
Alk_Blood_Elf
  Posted: October 22, 2004 11:07 am
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

That is an very cool idea!
I can just imagine me and my brother sitting barricading in an house screaming with bloodlust zombies ouside! tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster
MadMax_FMM
Posted: October 22, 2004 05:48 pm
Quote Post

Overlord!
Group Icon

I thought about this idea (and tested it) for further versions of this mod, too. We´ll see. If BB will be well played, i´ll create a map with these features (hehe, i´ve been thinking of this kind of map, too... so i started another map with a mall). ^^

--------------------
>> "Sie bildeten junge Männer aus Bomben auf ihre Häuser zu werfen; aber sie verboten ihnen das Wort FUCK auf ihre Maschinen zu schreiben... weil es obszön ist. - FREI ZITIERT NACH F.F.COPPOLAS APOCALYPSE NOW" <<

Leader Staff - IronOak Studios:
"PERSONAL ONLINE PORTFOLIO" http://www.ironoak.ch/MM
"PE - THE DARK FUTURE" http://www.ironoak.ch/PE
"BRAINBREAD - MUNDUS VULT DECIPI" http://www.ironoak.ch/BB
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQ
smurfy
Posted: October 22, 2004 06:49 pm
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind
Group Icon

QUOTE ([PE]MadMax_FMM @ Oct 22 2004, 04:48 PM)
I thought about this idea (and tested it) for further versions of this mod, too. We´ll see. If BB will be well played, i´ll create a map with these features (hehe, i´ve been thinking of this kind of map, too... so i started another map with a mall). ^^

You rock
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
banko
Posted: October 22, 2004 08:24 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

I start to get the feeling that I'm gonna die when I witness this! biggrin.gif
AWESOME idea, dude! Keep on goin' BB team!
PMEmail Poster
D0gbert
Posted: October 22, 2004 09:38 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Agreed on your map idea, it sounds like it'd be fantastic.
PMEmail Poster
[bt]dems
Posted: October 23, 2004 01:06 am
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

Group: Members (old PE Betatesters)

damn guys!!!

thanks for the positive comments!!!

biggrin.gif

all i can say is woot wub.gif

That's a great idea, I'll release several of the weapon animations/models/skins so people can create their own weapons or weaponmods. I always like to do that for other mods

About the barricades: We didn't plan something like this for the first release. But there might be similar situations: Marines often build small barricades in the maps where you can also hide and defend yourself (they'll help you). And the man beside you may be infected  You will recognize an infected in the latest seconds of his human life ^^

im so happy you like that idea, i felt that it would really add somthing to this mod that other coop mods missed out on.

--------------------
SMOKE 1 FO DA PO 1
PM
BoondockSaint
Posted: October 23, 2004 10:24 am
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis
Group Icon

Awesome, I can't wait to see MadMax's mall... Hes one of the best mappers out there smile.gif

--------------------
Email/MSN:NinjaWaffle@gmail.com
AIM:"I IS TEH MOOSE"
PMEmail PosterAOL
MadMax_FMM
Posted: October 23, 2004 01:57 pm
Quote Post

Overlord!
Group Icon

QUOTE (BoondockSaint @ Oct 23 2004, 11:24 AM)
Awesome, I can't wait to see MadMax's mall... Hes one of the best mappers out there smile.gif

Thank you very much! I hope, that you´ll like it...

@All: I started with the main hall of the mall and with some barricades, defended by a few marines. After a few seconds the locked doors are destructed by the zombie horde... better be prepared at this time. ^^ I don´t want to promise too much, but it feels really great defending the barricades (with those marines) against the zombies. It´s pure fun (and war ^^)! biggrin.gif

--------------------
>> "Sie bildeten junge Männer aus Bomben auf ihre Häuser zu werfen; aber sie verboten ihnen das Wort FUCK auf ihre Maschinen zu schreiben... weil es obszön ist. - FREI ZITIERT NACH F.F.COPPOLAS APOCALYPSE NOW" <<

Leader Staff - IronOak Studios:
"PERSONAL ONLINE PORTFOLIO" http://www.ironoak.ch/MM
"PE - THE DARK FUTURE" http://www.ironoak.ch/PE
"BRAINBREAD - MUNDUS VULT DECIPI" http://www.ironoak.ch/BB
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQ
BoondockSaint
Posted: October 24, 2004 06:31 am
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis
Group Icon

Sounds great biggrin.gif.