Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Linked Maps, Could Make The City A Very Large One
WolfsLoveRage
  Posted: November 04, 2004 02:43 am
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

Group: Members

As I stated in the General Discussion thread I was wondering if the mappers would be interested in making maps link together where all the medium to large maps make one huge city.

I think DoD does it with one map. There is no visible load time, just a quick ingame cut scene where planes bomb buildings and then the Allies have access to the rest of the city. BB could do the same thing. I am not really sure how large an actual HL map can be when trying to interprate a large "living" (or lack there of) city, but having large sections of maps linked together would certainly make it feel truely large.

The sections them selves for each end zone into the next one would be like an objective or a cut scene like the human survivers explode a gas line or set off bombs (Ala 28 Days.) and then make it impossible for the humans to back track. But while they are in each section of that town they can go where ever they want when they want. Another cut scene could be a fuel truck goes off the road due to zombies on the hood and explodes splitting the map. (Ala RE 2.)

To keep things interesting different parts of town could have different things in it such as one part might have a gas station and a food restuarant, another a school, another a mall and a bar, another could have another gas station and fire station and movie theater and so on. The mall it self could be just one huge map. Also to fully utilize the size of a map, a real city would have sewers, streets and buildings so the whole map could have 3 sections of height/volume.

In the end you are all still trying to get the safe zone where the helicopter is waiting, but how long and fun it takes to get there could make the difference.

So when the new round starts all the humans are seperated from each other and have to find weapons and each other. When they all reach the end of the city a cut scene happens and then the next map is automaticly invisbly loaded and the humans start together with what ever weapons they just had previously (Might be the hardest part honestly.) and the zombies from the beginning and who have just turned start spread out in the city and they have to hunt the humans again. I want virtual block after virtual block to cover.

And al though I was told there would be no NPC survivors to rescue would there be the PE people laying on the ground getting eaten by zombies or those that are just rocking back and forth in a corner some where?

Also I would like to start mapping if some one can help with a link to the proper stuff. And please, all english in this thread... I do not read any other. happy.gif

(If maps were made to link to make one huge city than the next batch of maps could be for different cities having the same zombie trouble and different scenraios and cut scenes could happen alogn wth story... heck we could play in France and under the Eiffle Tower or some other places.)
PMEmail Poster
MadMax_FMM
Posted: November 04, 2004 02:41 pm
Quote Post

Overlord!
Group Icon

Group: IronOak Leaders

wrong forum ^^

Spin also has replied to this suggestion.

--------------------
>> "Sie bildeten junge Männer aus Bomben auf ihre Häuser zu werfen; aber sie verboten ihnen das Wort FUCK auf ihre Maschinen zu schreiben... weil es obszön ist. - FREI ZITIERT NACH F.F.COPPOLAS APOCALYPSE NOW" <<

Leader Staff - IronOak Studios:
"PERSONAL ONLINE PORTFOLIO" http://www.ironoak.ch/MM
"PE - THE DARK FUTURE" http://www.ironoak.ch/PE
"BRAINBREAD - MUNDUS VULT DECIPI" http://www.ironoak.ch/BB
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQ
WolfsLoveRage
Posted: November 05, 2004 04:06 am
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

QUOTE ([PE]MadMax_FMM @ Nov 4 2004, 01:41 PM)
wrong forum ^^

Spin also has replied to this suggestion.

What forum then? It said maps forum and what did Spin say in his reply?
PMEmail Poster
Jakkar
Posted: November 05, 2004 03:52 pm
Quote Post

Forumzombie!

Also these ideas are extremely ambitious.. remember the phrase 'Funmod'... note your ideas down, work upon them, build upon them, keep them safe, but leave them off the boards for now... for now we need to squash bugs and make minor improvements, remember we haven't even reached the first release yet =)

On a similar note however, it would be nice to someday see a map in the style of Team Fortress Classics map Dustbowl, where you defend a gate, and the round ends when the enemies capture the area, then next round the old gate is closed and a new gate is opened and you fall back to defend that one. That type of gameplay would fit a Zombie theme extremely well. Thankyou for the inspiration Wolf wink.gif

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Grumber
Posted: November 05, 2004 04:48 pm
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

Just say what you want after the final release! If BB is a success they maybe realize your idea smile.gif

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQ
WolfsLoveRage
Posted: November 06, 2004 12:23 am
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

Well hurry up with that release. tongue.gif I am trying to go thru the tutorial again to learn to map, but am having the same problems I did before. sad.gif
PMEmail Poster
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll