Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Exploits
TigerRei
Posted: January 19, 2005 08:51 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Group: Members

There are a few exploits and generally cheap things people are doing on the server.

1. People will grab the gastank, get bitten by a zombie, and wait by friendlies until they turn into a zombie, which then the gastank will detonate and kill all humans nearby. I was playing on a server and somebody was doing this OVER and OVER again. We'd basically spawn, live 5 seconds, then die by people who did this.

2. People will intentionally get bitten, stay in spawn, and when they go zombie they go apecrazy and start killing everybody.

Both of these things really ruin the gameplay. I myself, I'm not really a fan of getting killed by a player zombie, but I understand why it's a part of the game, but these two exploits just ruin it.
PMEmail Poster
Immoral Sniper
Posted: January 19, 2005 03:24 pm
Quote Post

The force is strong in me
Group Icon

Group: BB Betatesters

#1 is a glitch with the gastank unless FF was on and running.

#2 is not a glitch, it is not a bug, it is not an exploit, it does not belong in this forum. It is simply the way some people play the game. Even I do this every now and then...

--------------------
BB Maps I've made...
bb_stronghold {Beta 9}
bb_shootingrange {Beta 1}

Threads you should read before posting...
Immoral's List of Things Not to Suggest
Immoral's Mapping Guide

Forum Spammers
Name (Number of spamming citations issued)

Nikku (3), -KRUX- (2), Mitchell (2), hunter (2), Gneralas (2), CHAY (2), vyvu (2), Rustie1821 (1), w00t (1), dagny (1), Nandu666 (1), The.Raver(1), moecomputer (1), -=Jouni=- (1), santa_kills (1), DarknessGlams (1)
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Zpin
Posted: January 19, 2005 03:44 pm
Quote Post

Einherjar
Group Icon

Group: IronOak Leader (Admin)

yeah, I'll fix #1, thanks.

--------------------
The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all. - Ecclesiastes IX. 11.
---
The fool speaks, the wise man listens. - unknown
PMUsers Website
MrWilson7322
Posted: January 19, 2005 07:00 pm
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

TigerRei.....I showed you number 1! muahahahahah I didn't do it that much....only ever few minutes or so. Its one of those things that you just find out on accident.

And talking about the propane tank....you should make it so once you throw it....OTHER TEAMS MATES CAN"T STEAL IT!!!!! I understand when its in the box, and you drop it, but not when you launch it, and then some guy walks over it and picks it up. Thats just not cool.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
Anyone for Cricket?

hunter
Posted: January 19, 2005 07:58 pm
Quote Post

Fantasma Cazador

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

they always find ways round the system

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Radman
Posted: January 19, 2005 08:05 pm
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis

I dont mind spawn point zombies aslong as they dont CONSTANTLY do it. Never knew about the propane tank, still a pretty crappy bug that people SHOULDNT expliot.

One thing that pisses me off is when your a zombie and people wont let you get to the maines (Only a real problem on the 'Slayer' map.) I got killed on spawn numerous times by 7 players who decided to camp the zombie player spawn points.

Not fun...

--------------------
When theres no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth...

user posted image

'They say people dont believe in heroes anymore... Well im going to give them back their hero."
PMEmail Poster
hunter
Posted: January 19, 2005 08:22 pm
Quote Post

Fantasma Cazador

thats well bad when they spawn camp they should get kciked for that

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Immoral Sniper
Posted: January 19, 2005 10:05 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

Why should people be kicked for playing the game? Don't like them? Find another server...

--------------------
BB Maps I've made...
bb_stronghold {Beta 9}

Immoral's Mapping Guide

Forum Spammers

Nikku (3), -KRUX- (2), Mitchell (2), hunter (2), Gneralas (2), CHAY (2), vyvu (2), Rustie1821 (1), w00t (1), dagny (1), Nandu666 (1), The.Raver(1), moecomputer (1), -=Jouni=- (1), santa_kills (1), DarknessGlams (1)
hunter
Posted: January 19, 2005 10:07 pm
Quote Post

Fantasma Cazador

yeah i suppose

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
MrWilson7322
Posted: January 20, 2005 02:20 am
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

The game is to kill zombies. It doesn't matter if they are Human or AI controlled. They are still zombies, wanting brains. I don't care if they say they are just going to attack marines, or not. People have said that many times, and I allowed them to go behind me to kill marines, to only find out that they then tried to eat my brains....sneaky little tactic, to say one thing do another. So no matter if someone says that or not now, I kill them instantly pretty much. Unless there are server rules against it, I only attack when attacked when said rules are on the server.

And hunter man....I just found the little glitch/exploit and utilized it to become human again....well after having fun for a bit that is smile.gif

Just now thought of this as well, is this one of those glitches/exploits that people will use all the time now (seeing as its reported to the public) and ruin BB 1.2, until the next patch is released to fix this? If so, maybe we should report such exploits/glitches in private to the devs, that could cause it to ruin game play until the next version.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
Anyone for Cricket?

TigerRei
Posted: January 21, 2005 03:05 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

actually both exploits coincide. People will grab the propane tank at spawn, get bitten by a zombie, and while all players are at spawn, it'll blow up taking out EVERYBODY. It's highly annoying because we're constantly being killed in our own spawn by a weapon that a zombie shouldnt be able to use.

And as for the being bitten and waiting, it's annoying too because people will wait till everybody is occupied killing npc zombies, get bit, run behind everybody, and when they turn, they'll start going apecrazy.
PMEmail Poster
Mac
Posted: January 21, 2005 03:25 am
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

Oh .. so they put a gastank down, turn, then run and kill it with their 'fowl hands'?

That sucks .. cause thats an instant kill for alot of players and stuff.

Btw, does a human thrown + human det'ed gastank hurt friendlies even if FF is off?

--------------------
Ex-Admin of |A.B.C.|'s Super Hard BB Server
PMEmail Poster
Immoral Sniper
Posted: January 21, 2005 03:59 am
Quote Post

Group Icon

QUOTE (Mac @ Jan 20 2005, 09:25 PM)
Btw, does a human thrown + human det'ed gastank hurt friendlies even if FF is off?

It does not hurt friendlies with FF off.

--------------------
BB Maps I've made...
bb_stronghold {Beta 9}

Immoral's Mapping Guide

Forum Spammers

MrWilson7322
Posted: January 21, 2005 09:58 am
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

Just to clarrify...the ZOMBIE DOES NOT USE teh weapon. What happesn is that when You're about to turn, you deploy the gastank. The gastank is there, anyone can shoot it, zombie human whatever, but the kills go to the person that threw it down. It just so happens that a zombies powerful claws can puncture the tank, and make it explode.....or a human player could shoot it, and blow it up killing the NOT YET UNDEAD team members around it. Either way, its a a quick way back to human.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
Anyone for Cricket?

|2enegade
Posted: January 23, 2005 02:10 am
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

Speaking of exploits quickening humanization..... is there anything being done about my spectator-to-human exploit?
(Spin & Immoral know about it, but for those who don't, I can't say because I was told to keep it under wraps.)

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Pages: 12
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll