Powered by Invision Power Board [ Resend Validation Email ]
Welcome Guest [ Log In · Register ]
Forum Rules HelpSearchMembersCalendar

Pages: 12  [ Go to first unread post ]
Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> [WIP] Zombie Immersion Pack, Attempting to make each zombie unique...
Ğ @ b ® Ī ë Ł /
Posted: May 13, 2005 04:16 pm
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

Group: Members

right..... so.... waddoya mean by that?
PM
Predator237
Posted: June 08, 2005 01:12 pm
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

Why has no one posted for a month sad.gif

RIFTER YOU ARE THE GREATEST!! I hope you finish them soon...
PMEmail Poster
Rifter
Posted: June 11, 2005 10:39 pm
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

I just graduated from highschool so I've been rather busy with exams, graduating, parties, and getting piss ass drunk at the beach for a week. Also nabbed an animating contract job with an upstart gaming company so organizing all that has had me a little busy smile.gif. Don't worry, I'll still be working on this. The player model pack is pretty much done, I just have to compile and make sure it all works in game smile.gif.
PMEmail Poster
**[STARS]**BrasileiroSk8r
Posted: June 12, 2005 02:37 am
Quote Post

Uberzernichter

About the gaming company, lemme ask u something. Have they told u how u r gonna work there? Cause ive been wondering about it, if u work at a place like that, do u get to choose wut kinda game u wanna design or do they give u random projects to wrk on?

--------------------
Come Skank with Me!
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Rifter
Posted: June 12, 2005 03:25 am
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

Haha, I'm doing contract work from home, I get a job (example: animate this character with the following animations blah blah blah), I do the job, I get paid for the job, not by the hour. It's not a full-time job. Its something to do on the side and I definately don't get paid much. Its more for the experience and building of a portfolio than anything.

Doing stuff for a development house is a little different. You get told what to do, you do it. Granted, you can apply to development houses that specialize in certain things, for instance no one goes to work for ID expecting to work on RPGs. If you nab a job at EA, I'm pretty sure you get stuck with whatever they tell you to work with. Also, you'll probably stick with the same project until its finished. A guy I know worked on NFL Street for EA and he stuck with that project until the game was shipped.

Do note: Nabbing a job at a development house is fairly difficult. You need a fairly decent portfolio of work to get into anything really, so work on building that up before seriously trying to get a job in the industry.
PMEmail Poster
Lord Scottish
Posted: June 12, 2005 01:11 pm
Quote Post

K.I.T.T.-Killer!
Group Icon

Group: IronOak Leaders

Rifter is right. But you don't have to have a retail game in your portfolio. BB and PE were enough for me to get some job offers. But you have to be very flexible if you want to work in a company, you have to move whereever they work.
Contract work on the other hand is usualy paid rather bad, I couldn't life off the contract work I am doing. So if you want to do computergames in your life, contract work is only the thing to begin with

--------------------
User Posted Image

"Aber in wirklichkeit ist Kunst eine Insidersprache für kultivierte Snobs, um sich zu ihrer Überlegenheit über den Rest der Welt zu beglückwünschen" Calvin, 6

Scottishs website
PMEmail Poster
Ğ @ b ® Ī ë Ł /
Posted: July 10, 2005 09:43 am
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

so RIfter are ya still here? or are ya busy with work or sumthin? anyhow. please send an personal messege to me and tell me if ya quited or are still on it. wink.gif
PM
Rifter
Posted: July 12, 2005 09:30 pm
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

Still on it, just not enough time in the day. I've got a kinda leaping animation done for the crawler, but nothing worth posting yet.
PMEmail Poster
Le Nancha Buana
  Posted: January 29, 2006 01:33 am
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

Holy Shit!!! ohmy.gif

You are won awesome dude! cool.gif
I know you've heard that before but I bow my sombrero off to you!user posted image

--------------------
I am Le Nancha Buana Eat my Tacos EAT MY GODDAMN TACOS!!!User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
_CiviliaN^SoldieR_
Posted: January 29, 2006 01:38 am
Quote Post

civilized d00d

Group: Moderators

Check the dates.

Locked.

--------------------
User Posted Image