Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Halloween Media Release!
mrmicky
Posted: November 05, 2007 07:27 pm
Quote Post

The Pwnerer

Group: BB:S Team

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH A DOUBLE POST! MALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIC.

But the media release looks awsome wink.gif

--------------------
User Posted Image

Lightsaver the energy efficient Lightsabre
PMEmail Poster
SDWBOSS
Posted: November 05, 2007 07:39 pm
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

QUOTE (DancingFred @ November 05, 2007 06:06 pm)
So, go ahead and flame me too (again) but I really needed to voice my concerns (again) at the treatment people are being dealt.

I've never come across you before, DancingFred, so greetings from me.
But in all honesty, Khazard's posts are simply unfounded and immature. He doesn't even have the intelligence to respond to all the points put to him by other members.

When the mod is released, we will have to have stricter crack-downs on flame posts.

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Security Corporate
Posted: November 05, 2007 07:39 pm
Quote Post

Gore God of Massacre

QUOTE (DancingFred @ November 05, 2007 10:06 am)
lol and I said I would never poke my head above the parapet again for fear of getting flamed again.

I just want to remind people that when the mod is released that you are going to get a LOT of "noobs" asking the same old questions and saying the same old stupid things or having what "oldies" consider stupid opinions.

Just chill out a bit and view this calm period before the deluge as practise to hone your skills at dealing with newcomers.

I can imagine that a lot of people could possibly be put off, if not the mod, then at least coming on to the forums and joining the community.

You don't want to be known as the "Great Mod But Unwelcoming Community" crew, do you?

So, go ahead and flame me too (again) but I really needed to voice my concerns (again) at the treatment people are being dealt.

Back on topic, the media really does look fantastic and it's evident that a LOT of love and hard work has gone into making it. Keep it up and well done, guys.

I acknowledge what you mean. And I'm sorry for any past transgressions. I've read your previous posts and they don't seem like the kind that would insight flaming.

Anyway, we as a community of oldies and such have grown accustomed to our own kind in such a way that we hate when new people as dumb questions. But you're right, we do have to get used to it, and I'm pretty sure we will. New people will come with bad stuff but we're going to have to deal with it nicely at first so as to not drive them away.

However, there are exceptions as you have to realize, like khazard. Things that he said I simply cannot tolerate and it's new members like him that will get shot down from the sky. Not others who are a little more innocent (which trust me there will be more of).

All that aside, lets all get back to the topic at hand. I personally congradulate the team for an excellent job thus far. I only repost these tidbits so everyone is kept up to date (yes, I check the BB:S website THAT often happy.gif ).

Ok, now back to work you Devs. *cracks whip* tongue.gif
PM
DancingFred
Posted: November 05, 2007 11:31 pm
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

Group: Members

"greetings from me"

Back atcha.

"I've read your previous posts and they don't seem like the kind that would insight flaming."

Um... sometimes other people's flaming comments have been deleted from the forums. Things have been er.. tidied up a bit. Gawd, I sound like Fox Mulder and his conspiracy therories lol.
Anyway, that's why you don't hear a lot from me.
But look at how long I've been a member, just because I don't post very often doesn't mean that I don't read the forum.

Imagine how most people in this thread would feel and react if I started calling them 'noobies". It's really quite insulting and derogatory. We were ALL 'noobies' at one time and most of us needed help when we first started.

Ok, khazard could've worded his post a little more subtly but look past that and see if he had some good points.

Personally, I feel that if the mod was released as a slightly buggy beta it WOULDN'T put people off the mod at all. I believe it would increase the interest in the mod and reduce the possibility of a "us and them" hierarchy developing.

Again, not trying to start a fight here at all. Just trying to help.
PMEmail Poster
SDWBOSS
Posted: November 05, 2007 11:38 pm
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

QUOTE (DancingFred @ November 05, 2007 11:31 pm)
Again, not trying to start a fight here at all. Just trying to help.

Uh... why would that start a fight? Cumon, DancingFred - we aren't going to travel thousands of miles to come and break your legs just because someone disagrees with a post you make! tongue.gif

Nobody should be "nannied" and made excuses for - everyone is held accountable for their actions here, whether good or bad.

--------------------
User Posted Image
bacon333
Posted: November 06, 2007 12:59 am
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

Group: Old BB:S team

Alright, well, I thought it might be a good idea to give khazard another chance... since I'm in a good mood today. Otherwise I wouldn't have thought of this. However, if he fucks up again, I think we could consider it a 'BAN ME' post.
PMEmail Poster
iliketoblowzombieheadsoff
Posted: November 06, 2007 02:49 am
Quote Post

Ratatatatatatatatatatatattatatt

Let it all be a reminder to you guys that flaming sucks ass.
It ruins a lot of things for us... sad.gif

So we should all keep in mind that there is peace on earth. smile.gif

This post has been edited by iliketoblowzombieheadsoff on November 06, 2007 02:52 am

--------------------
Current game(s): Uh uh not updatin' this no mo
Looking forward to: Some shit
Name Shortcut: Zombie, Isit, Bob(not recommended)
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
bacon333
Posted: November 06, 2007 12:59 pm
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

Group: Old BB:S team

Bullshit. Hey, try not to go overboard here... peace.. pfft...
PMEmail Poster
mallic
Posted: November 06, 2007 02:01 pm
Quote Post

Penguin Overlord

Group: BB:S Team

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! Please either stop posting in here or get back on topic with the media release GOD DAMN!

--------------------
User Posted Image
I am too connected to you to
Slip away, to fade away
Days away I still feel you
Touching me, changing me
PMEmail Poster
_CiviliaN^SoldieR_
Posted: November 06, 2007 05:04 pm
Quote Post

civilized d00d

Group: Moderators

Any posts that are no longer on topic will be deleted. Keep on topic.

khazard,

Stop with the know it all act, your suggestions are selfish in the way they benefit you mainly. We wish to develop a game that's reaching it's full potential, which is why a hand few of people were chosen to be beta testers, not so they can prematurely enjoy brainbread, but to help develop it. I lost interest in the other stuff you said, anything more from here, take it to private messasing.

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
-=RPD=-Jill Valentine
Posted: November 08, 2007 03:57 am
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

It looks really good. Its coming along. Untill it does come out. I'll keep playing the old BB.

:]

--------------------
I'm Good but not that good.
PMEmail Poster
Jono
Posted: November 10, 2007 03:43 pm
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

That AK's an incarnation of gorgeousness.

Seriously though, i'm glad to see that it's coming along; i thought that it would be completely dead, but it's not, and the time i wasted - perhaps - won't be completely wasted.
PMEmail Poster
blackwing21
Posted: December 02, 2007 08:10 pm
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

QUOTE (Ari @ November 02, 2007 03:55 am)
QUOTE (luciel)
You would´ve though we´d think of this before but nooo, we had to rampage to get something sorted for today in 1 day, but hell, it´s appropiate, happy halloween everyone, hope you get loads of sweet brai.. i mean sweets : )

As always you can find the images in glorious full resolution at the gallery!

user posted image

ohmy.gif

are the ragdolls really going to be that way in the game? cuz i dont picture zombies flying once you shoot them.. better them falling to the ground or something similar.
PMEmail Poster
SDWBOSS
Posted: December 02, 2007 08:40 pm
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

QUOTE (blackwing21 @ December 02, 2007 08:10 pm)
are the ragdolls really going to be that way in the game? cuz i dont picture zombies flying once you shoot them.. better them falling to the ground or something similar.

Well, you exert a force on a mass, it moves in that direction.
So if you shoot a zombie with an RPG from 10 feet, it's gonna go backwards ohmy.gif

--------------------
User Posted Image
gordon_frohman
Posted: December 02, 2007 09:08 pm
Quote Post

Frohtastic !

QUOTE (SDWBOSS @ December 02, 2007 08:40 pm)
QUOTE (blackwing21 @ December 02, 2007 08:10 pm)

Well, you exert a force on a mass, it moves in that direction.
So if you shoot a zombie with an RPG from 10 feet, it's gonna go backwards ohmy.gif

ah the beloved ragdoll effekt :3

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Pages: ««<2345
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll